Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A LeTtEr tHaT mAdE mY LifE BeTtER....!!!!

New York is a city of passion I feel because the moment I stepped into this beautiful city I could do everything I wanted to .I could visualize the novelty corner of my mind and heart.Finally I could be stable at a place where I liked to.A happening that made me feel too good about me.On November 12th 2013,it was Wednesday and I decided to spend that day for my house hold works and woke up late than usual timings and felt so relaxed for having slept so long.I had a cup of coffee and was planning for that day schedule .Then somebody knocked my door and I got down the stairs with much excitement for my parcels from Amazon site as they owe me many orders which I ordered earlier.But I was not that fortunate that day may be but it was rather a letter to a person who used to reside in my house before I came here.It was addressed to a woman named Santana Salinas .It was so usual post because every week my post box will be dumped with many letters and more than half of them will not be mine.Usually people who were in this house before I came would have forgotten to transfer the address and so I have many to throw into trash every week.So I thought even this letter is of that kind.I just put it aside and went back to the kitchen to clear the previous day mess.All of a sudden that letter appeared in front of my eyes and I was surprised to realize that I have seen the letters URGENT :NEED ATTENTION on that.I went back to the place I put the letter and took into my hand.It was from ACADEMY OF CAREERS IN TELEVISION AND FILM .This thing drew my attention and I eagerly wanted to open the letter to see the content because I have never seen people enrolled in such courses and just want to seeif it was a call letter or something of that kind.
I knew it was not a mannered thing to open that and see.But I also knew that no one is going to come and pick up their letters piled up for months together.They never showed up.Before they move into trash I want to see whats it all about.So finally I opened the letter and I could read the contents of it.
To my shock it was totally a different story .Its about a girl who is studying Math but couldnot cope up with the curriculum.Her name is Wendy Salinas.The letter was addressed to her mom complaining about her academic progress by the principal of that academy Edgar Rodriguez.I was really spellbound because the contents were so intense as if she is going to face death.It was like a sort of sign giving to parents to make his/her child stressed towards academic things. First of all I couldn’t realize how could an ACADEMY OF CAREERS IN TELEVISION AND FILM teach Math and I don’t even want to bother about that.But the letter was mentioning more clearly that the child’s progress is declining day by day so drastically and she is in danger of Failing the class.
Somehow thoughts are striking my mind in many ways.I wanted to give this letter to her mom and at the same time I was thinking whether the girl really liked the course or it was a burden to her.But something was bothering her too much which is making her grades poor.I really wanted to know whats happening with her.Later after sometime I was thinking whats wrong with me and am I so worried about her.Every parent thinks good about their child and never wanted to give hard time for them.Then whats the point in interfering in other’s life when they are strangers to me.I just made myself free from that letter and placed the letter in my bag and went to the kitchen to continue my work. Everything was normal.Days passed on and another bothering day appeared in no time it was on DEC8,2013 ,I returned back from my work and as usual was searching for my posts in the post box,found couple of them and entered into my home,just closed the door and was looking at the letters .My goodness the first one itself made me ignore the other letters,it was again from ACADEMY OF CAREERS IN TELEVISION AND FILM.This time I did not hesitate to open and made an immediate attempt and read the content.It was addressed to the same woman about her kid saying that she was on Academic Probation.This really bothered me so much.Afterall it may be just a probation but its matter of her interest and her career.I then decided to reach them somehow.I immediately called up to my landlord asking for the details of the previous tenants .She was interrogating me with some annoying questions like WHAT,WHY,WHO??Annoying because right now my task is to find them and talk to her about Wendy salinas’s career.Finally after some queries she gave me her details and I m so happy that I could unfold their details.That night I was eagerly waiting for the next day morning and I just put leave to my work and wanted to find about this LETTER.I decided not to go to any conclusions till I meet them.Finally next day morning I ranged up and nobody attended the call.I left a voice message and within an hour I got a call from that number.I was asking if she is wendy’s mom,she said YES after a long pause.I introduced myselves and I asked her if she is free.She said “YES” and asked me “BUT WHY”.I was answering her that I had a bunch of letters for her and so wanted to meet her to handover them.She with much carelessness said that “I DON’T NEED THEM ANYMORE”.But I said that I need to meet you,its really urgent.She gave me her address and I went to meet her.Her house was in LONG ISLAND CITY.I went to her home and there was nobody home except her.She is skinny and had a fair complexion.She invited me into her house,offered a seat and a cup of coffee .We sat together and finally she asked me” WHATS THE MATTER”? I gave a pause and asked her if her daughter is at home.She said “NO” .I then handed over all the letters to her placing the most important opened letters on the top.She took them and just placed aside.I asked if she had only 1 daughter.She said “YES” and I asked her name .She replied Anna.Then I asked her “ how about Wendy”?she replied “she is my husband’s daughter”.Then I was so much worried about wendy.I asked her to have a look at her academic status.She said she doesn’t care whatever happens to her?I could imagine the situation at her home.She is the step mom of wendy.I really wanted to meet that child.I wanted to talk to her ,wanted to pacify her and wanted to know if she is happy or not?
I decided to leave that house and finally asked her

“Why is she so serious at looks”She replied me that any wife will be in a breakdown if her husband abandons her.I was shocked and I couldn’t imagine the situation of Wendy.She has neither of them to support.
I was really upset.Everyday I used to think a solution to this.Finally I wrote down to Edgar ,principal of that academy explaining What Wendy is going through.I got a reply from the principal after a week saying that she was re admitted into the academy but into the course she likes to.I was in immense happiness .Lot of happiness and contentment in my heart.The best thing I could do so far.
After 8 days ,exactly on DEC 16,2013 I could meet my Baby Wendy.She is before my house knocking repeatedly and I opened the door and I could hardly recognize her.She addressed herself as
I AM WENDY.
My goodness I could finally see her

2 comments:

  1. what happened next? what did Wendy say, i wanna know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very beautiful story...keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete